Email

Aaron Goldberg

(6 posts)
  1. Sandemose

Great interview with Aaron by Josh Jackson. His thoughts on music are very inspiring and intresting. Kurt or Anders, Id love to hear your thoughts about his playing and musicianship. I think that his playing on the Remedy is best piano playing Ive heard together with some of Keith Jarretts standard albums.

http://www.npr.org/2011/02/03/133241510/aaron-goldberg-trio-1-live-at-the-village-vanguard

Great concert as well.

2. wommusic
    Key Master

Aaron is a great pianist and cooper, and he did a fantastic job on The Remedy I agree. His playing is very rootsy in the jazz tradition, and he brings out a distinct flavor in Kurt's music that way.

3. Sandemose

Thanks Anders. By the way. What was that Bud Powel record called you recommended to me some month ago?

4. wommusic
    Key Master

A Portrait Of Thelonious - great album!

5. jorgemg1984

Saw Aaron Goldberg trio live some years ago, was an AMAZING concert. Maybe the best pianist of the new generation - although Jarrett and Mehldau for me are in a whole other league, there are no words to describe them.

About Bud Powell "Bud Plays Bird" is a whole treaty on "how to play bebop"! Will listen to that Monk album.

6. david6strings

a few years ago, he played in the A-trane (berlin) with E. harland and reuben rogers, rosenwinkel as special guest, what a night, i love reuben rogers playing

You must log in to post.