Ben Monder (new videos)

(13 posts)

Tags:

1. Sandemose

ACT and Kurt. Hope its okey to support other musicians than Kurt. These are some new Ben Monder videos, came up today. To bad the video and sound is out of sync. For me, Ben Monder must be one of the badest monsters on the scene. I think he plays so beutiful and at the same time insanly advacned. He knockes me off my feet everytime I hear him:

(I think he just removed this cuz of the sync problem while I wrote this post. Hope it gets back up. It was a solo guitar piece, but Late Green is still up)

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Plugins

Best, Sandemose

Email
  2. Late Green is a beast!!!

3. wommusic
    Key Master

Nothing could be more okay than supporting a great musician like Ben Monder!

Contact us
  4. Never thought of it before, but I can hear alot of Bill Frisell in parts of this

5. Sandemose

Here is Lover, played solo by Ben Monder:

ACT, didnt thought so either, but I just wanted to ask. Thanks a bunch, Ive loved Bens music for years. I always thought that didnt get all the credit he deserves. As kittles said: it reminds sometimes of Bill Frisell. And its so true. There is this folk lore vibe to it, the vast landscapes. Its like Bill Frisell and Pat Metheny gone catholic and driven through some exorcism or something. I love the depth of Bens music and playing. Paul Masvidal, singer/guitarist from progresive metalband Cynic also gave Ben credit in a youtube interview I saw some month ago. That made really glad.

This is hilarious. Ben Monder (and some other cats) at Six Flags, riding rollercosters.

Ben shredding in Kingda Ka:

Jazz dork day:

The comment "This ride is the equivalant of Ben Monder blowing over Giant Steps in seven" and Ben: "Yeah, it sucks" is priceless.

Best,

Sandemose

6. thanks for these links man, just fantastic.

7. Poparad

Cool, thanks! I haven't seen these ones yet! Hmm, the username "Umblachery" looks familiar. Didn't he post at the old Kurt forums?

Private
  8. Sandemose

Poparad: I think Umblachery might Ben himself :)

9. Poparad

You know, you might be right about that. After googling the name, "Umblachery" appears to be some obscure type of cow breed in India, and Ben's ASCAP name is "Night Cow Music." It's certainly bizarre and obscure enough of a name for Ben to pick.

10. [+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Plugins

i just found those two video i never saw before

11. Sandemose

@ltit, MAN those Ben Monder videos were awesome, some of the best Ive heard with him. Very good audio and video quality as well. Thank you so much for posting!

Best, Sandemose

12. Matt

Ben Monder is the definition of bad-ass. Seriously.

13. guitar1025

Was watching this today and thought I would share. Enjoy!!

http://youtu.be/TrMmmcIsk3g

You must log in to post.