Contact us

Bruce Arkin-R.I.P.

(13 posts)

No tags yet.

1. I know Bruce had some friends on here and I just wanted to see if anyone else could confirm this. I hope it's not true. Bruce was a great player and a great guy. Let me know.
    Thanks

2. I can't believe it. I saw him a lot of times here in Barcelona, he is a great player and a very nice person. Where did you heard that? I hope you're wrong. Please confirm it's not true. :-(

3. I heard it from a friend here in florida who i believe heard it from his parents. It seems surreal but i haven't heard otherwise unfortunately.

Private
  4. Sandemose

I checked out his myspace site. Someone loged in 2010-08-31 which is today, right? Wouldnt this site be updated on such matter? I havent heard Bruce Arkin (I think?) but I hope its not true either way.

Lets keep updated..

Best, Sandemose

5. kurtisrosenwinkel
    Administrator

Bruce died Monday night in Barcelona. they think it was a heart attack, he had heart issues. he was one of my closest friends, i still cant believe it.

Magical rainbow ponies
  6. I knew Bruce while going to school in Florida. Bruce had an enormously positive impact on my life. He would always share his passion and wisdom about music with me, and would always offer kind words of encouragement to me as a developing musician. I learned a great deal from him. He was one of the most intelligent, and warm people I have known. I'll also remember his sense of humor and wit...there weren't many moments I was around him when I was not cracking up. I feel very lucky to have known him. He will be missed.

Private
  7. sortell

Wow. I have not heard of him before. But this is really sad. He is really young.
    My condolences to his family and friends.

8. Sandemose

Im so sorry for all you guys who knew him and were his friend. I hadnt heard about him untill now. May he rest in peace. My condolences to his freinds and family. Im so sorry guys...

Best and warmest regards, Sandemose

9. Owen K

I just found out today, how incredibly sad. I knew Bruce here in Barcelona, he will be missed around town I can tell you, what a gentle and inquisitive soul.

10. What a shock...Toady was the very first time I found my way, by chance, to Bruce's My Space page. I was checking out his old pix, and was enthralled, as I knew Bruce back in the day. I went to Berklee (88-91) and stayed @ 98. When I got to the post about his untimely demise I was crushed. His kindness and open spirit struck me then and is what I remember as I write this now... that and he would walk around 98 playing his flute.
    Kurt if there are any recordings of Bruce and you playing(?) it would be hip to hear!
    This was a HEAVY CAT! Sad day for sure...

p.s. Where is Peter Koplan !?!?

11. Hi Kurt
    The Berklee days are gone already for such a long time. Yet I clearly remember the weekly jams (usually on sundays) I had with Bruce, Lou Ulrich, Chris Tiberghien and occasionally with you, Chris Cheek or..... Now it's been years since I've been out of touch with any of you guys. But when I heard from Nat Su yesterday about Bruce's passing I was shocked and it made me terribly sad...He was so full of life! I don't know anybody else to share this with, that's why I'm posting this here on your site....After all, I considered him being a friend in the best sense of the word - and I truly miss him. At least, I hope you're doing fine. Ironically I've found out that you've been living here in Switzerland, yet I've never got in touch...

Well, someday someplace we'll all meet again...

All the best from Switzerland

Peter

12. Wow, so sad that Bruce died... I had no idea. I haven't seen him since the Berklee days. Bruce and Lou Ulrich played at my junior recital. What a trip. What an awesome player. I still have the recording and he is the best thing on it. What a majorly cool cat and cool guy. Thanks for the memories...!

Best,

Bob (Rob)

13. tomwarburton

Bruce Arkin: Montserrat 07/17/2010

You must log in to post.