Private

Contact!

(7 posts)
  1. Sandemose

Nothing special here, but I just wanted to share a small break through in my develpment I think many of you already have made.

I practiced arpeggios, starting on the lowest available note, moving diatonically from root to root, playing through all keys,

I started on 40 bpm, decreasing the tempo with 2 bpm per key. I ended at 18 bpm (it wasnt pretty, but went okey.

Now, when I just noodle around, it feels like I got this great contact with the instrument. Never felt like this before. This sure will become a new daily routine!

Best, Sandemose

2. Great! Are you using some online metronome ?

3. Sandemose

Yeah!

http://www.webmetronome.com/

It goes down to 1 (!) bpm! Make that shit swing!?

4. callum

Hey Sandemose, I have the same metronome and I nottice that it glitches out every now and a while, particularly bad seems to be at 50 bpm. Have you noticed this?

5. Matt

practicing that slow really manifests the amount of pressure and touch needed. pretty incredible!

6. Sandemose

callum: yeah! Ive noticed that, esp if you open a new window in your browser but sometimes it happens anyway. Doesnt bother me that much but Im thinking of getting a software version.

matt: the cool thing with it (for me) is that even when Im out of tempo I still am really concentrated. So, even if I play poorly and I just carry on and see if I can look into the tempo. I now play 8s through the whole excercise, in the future I perhaps will start playing quarter notes. Small steps at the time. When being that concentrated, so hard, for so long, I get so inspired to just play. An inner room kind of opens up.

Try it!

Best, Sandemose

7. Matt

ben monder advocates this a lot, specifically playing divisions of the beat ridiculously slow.

You must log in to post.