D'Angelico Vestax NYSS-3, replacing bridge/stopbar, help!

(1 post)
  1. JPMike

Hey guys,

Happy New Year and all the best wishes to you and your loved ones for 2013!!

I believe this quite be the forum for some help on the subject.

I need help replacing the bridge and tailpiece on my Vestax D'Angelico NYSS-3.
    http://dangelico.vestax.com/products/semi/nyss-3.html

I want to upgrade the overall tone of my guitar by adding an alluminun tailpiece and better bridge(Tune-O-Matic type, yes the site calls it TuneOMatic TYPE, not just Tune-O-Matic), either locking or non locking. I am considering either a TonePros set or ABM parts, easy to find here in Europe. (Any other brand recommendations are welcome).

The thing is I am not sure the ones available in the market will fit my guitar, as far as the studs/bushings will fit in the holes of my guitar and the bridge's and tailpiece's distace from stud to stud, if it's going to be the same distance on my guitar too. The TonePros state they have a distance of 74.42 mm from hole to hole and the ABM 74mm. I think it's almost the same but you never know.

I know, it's metric thread bushings/studs for my guitar since it was manufactured in Japan.

What I am not sure for though is that all the guitars eqquiped with TuneOMatic bridges, their parts are of the same size, regarding the bridge and the stopbar?? So I can actually buy any metric thread part and install it??

Thank you in advance for your time and knowledge, I am looking forward to your responses.

-Mike

You must log in to post.