Deep Song

(9 posts)

Tags:

1. steepcreeks

2. kutu

I am also desperately searching for a chart/lead sheet for Deep Song. Has anyone come across it on a fake book?

One thing's for sure, Kurt has it and maybe...

3. jorgemg1984

Why dont you transcribe it?

4. kutu

The old trusty "why dont you transcribe it?"...

I think the answer isn't that simple. Transcribing is, of course, a great practice for musical education but so many reasons can be listed to explain why some people need well-written transcriptions. To be short and to the point, I will just say that novice players'/arrangers' ears have a tendency to hear the positions or shapes which they are comfortable with. That's why, a correct transcription of a specific arrangement provides a challenging and entertaining educational material.

I assure you I will share it (by legal means) when I have my own transcription and the courage to share it.

5. steepcreeks

Yeah, what Kutu said, I can get through it but feel I'm generalizing things. Would love an accurate notation of the chords (melody is obviously pretty easy here), whatever is legal. BTW - Check out Billy Holiday singing this if you have not already, WOW!

6. arewolfe

I started transcribing Kurt's guitar arrangement in 2005. I think I got about 12 bars in and never continued. Gorgeous stuff though.

7. eSkills

Well, all Kurt plays is basically a pure transcription of the Billie Holiday version - arranged for guitar.

8. animitta

@eSkills you are right:

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Flash Videos

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Flash Videos

I love both : )

Kurt said that when he wants to play a "new standard" he try his best to listen to many different versions and also he learn the words of the tune.

All the Best
    Animitta

9. riverstooge

Here are the chords I came up with, more so based on my Billie Holiday cd....

Intro: Bb-9 Bb(maj7) C-11/ Dbmaj7 Eb-7/ C7aug F7b9/ Bb-6 Eb-9 D7alt

A section: Bb-6 C-7(b5)/Db6 Eb-7/ Bb-7 C-7(b5)/ (Db6) F7aug/ F-7(b5)/ Bb7(b9)/ 1.Eb-7(b5)/ F9 2. Eb-7(b5)/C7 F7b9/

B section: Bb-6 C-7(b5)/repeat/repeat/repeat/Dbmaj7 F7aug///Bb-6 C-7b5/Bb-6 C-7b5/Bb-6 F7/Bb-6 (C-7b5)

C section: Eb-7 Ab7/Dbmaj7/ Eb-7 Ab7 / Dbmaj7/ G-7b5 C7/ F- F-maj7 F-7/ Eb- Eb-(maj7) Eb-7/C7 F7

D section: Bb-6 C-7b5/repeat/repeat/ F7 C7 B7(b5)

E section: Bb-7 Ab7/ Dbmaj7 C-7b5/F#7 F7/ Bb-6 F7 Bb-6 F7/Eb-9 rubato/ Bb-6//

Cheers!

You must log in to post.