Edit page

Effects on Reflections Album

(4 posts)
  1. Juan

What pedal/pedals does Kurt use to get the lingering reverb sounds like he does in You Go To My Head(1:30 ish) and Fall? I think it must be a combination of his reverb, delay, and hog freeze function w/ the expression pedal, but I'm not sure. Also I've seen some pictures of his pedals that show multiple Xotic X Blenders in his pedalboard. Does anyone know how he uses these pedals live? It would be cool if you could answer directly Kurt. ;)

Contact us
  2. There is a hold/Freeze function in Eventide timefactor, Maybe he was using it too? It sounds sick.

Private
  3. add4

to me it sounds like the freeze function from the hog.
    There is a function in the timefactor that makes what is into the delay repeat forever, meanwhile you have no more delay. but i could never get rid of glitches in the repeats while using it. while the hog gives a perfect smooth chord lingering.
    For those interested in that, electro harmonix just released the freeze function from the hog as a standalone pedal :)

4. djcuvcuv

"to me it sounds like the freeze function from the hog.
    There is a function in the timefactor that makes what is into the delay repeat forever, meanwhile you have no more delay. but i could never get rid of glitches in the repeats while using it. while the hog gives a perfect smooth chord lingering.
    For those interested in that, electro harmonix just released the freeze function from the hog as a standalone pedal :)"

^^Could you elaborate on your explanation of the "glitches" you could not get rid of while using the hold/endless rpt function on the timefactor? I'm in the market to buy one, and this is the first I've heard of any glitches. I am very interested in its freeze/endless repeat function so I'd love to hear what you have to say about it. The more detail the better :), but I understand that people are busy so whatever you can spare is much obliged.

Thanks

You must log in to post.