Gear Issue - Reverb Pedal

(4 posts)

No tags yet.

1. timwendel

So I'm having a problem with my sound and was wondering if anyone else has encountered this. My chain is: tuner-eq-dist-trem-reverb-amp. I get an out of tune E ringing through my amp. I checked all the pedals in the chain and when I add the reverb pedal (EH Holy Grail plus) is when the sound occurs. However, when I ran just guitar into the reverb into the amp, the sound disappears. Does anyone know why this may be? Also, I'm not really happy with this reverb pedal anyways, and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on what they like.

Best,
    Tim

2. guitar1025

Have you tried running your entire loop with the reverb in the front (the guitar pluging into the reverb first)? It sounds like the reason it went away wasn't necessarily the rest of the pedals being out of the chain, but that the reverb was now in front of the chain.

I'm not an expert on effects and electronics but I think most guys I've seen who use external reverb have the guitar running through it first. I could be wrong, and if I am I'm sure someone out there will correct me, but it might be worth a shot.

All the best!!

Admin
  3. add4

I know the Holy grail sucks a lot of power. How are your pedals powered? adaptators? using different transformers or a power bank? if the Holy grail is underpowered. that can result in weird noises. I'm not sure of that, but that might be worth checking.
    Hope you work it out.

4. jorgemg1984

I would go with what add4 said, seems the most logical answer to your problem - even if it's the voltage and ma are correct cheap power supplies are usually not filtered and not regulated and give a lot of issues on that! I have been using Dan Electro DA1 power supplies and they are awesome - 9v, 200ma and absolutely no issuesd with my pedals. Oh and about 1 / 3 of the Boss PSA price.

You must log in to post.