Magical rainbow ponies

Getting "Deep" Into a Song

(4 posts)
  1. JoeOsoDopke

I am somewhat new to the whole world of jazz guitar/jazz music and I actually am in a program to help me get better. My mentor told me to practice a song until I got "deep" into it. What do you think that he means when he says "deep"?

Magical rainbow ponies
  2. Joxo

For me it opens up when the melody and changes becomes one, when the song is as familiar to u as one of those easy songs you learned as a kid. That place takes a long time to get to for me but when it does its like opening up a new world.

/J

3. Matt

when you can sing it in your head and hear a solo over the changes in your head.

4. Matt

when you can sing it in your head and hear a solo over the changes in your head.

5. jorgemg1984

What Matt said. I would add when you are really deep into a song you can rely a lot more on intuition and play stuff you re just hearing without using the intellect (having no idea what you are playing, just knowing it sounds good).

Secret
  6. jorgemg1984

What Matt said. I would add when you are really deep into a song you can rely a lot more on intuition and play stuff you re just hearing without using the intellect (having no idea what you are playing, just knowing it sounds good).

Register

Magical rainbow ponies

You must log in to post.