Guitar Player Mag Article

(10 posts)
  1. jazznan

That article answered a lot of questions for me that I suspected, and are now confirmed.

1.Kurt does play fingerstyle on this album
    2. I thought there was some kind of sustain pedal, but being "gearheadless" (ha a new word), I found out it's the Eventide Timefactor that allows you to hold chords and play new ones.
    3. That Kurt thinks he's better than he used to be, Kurt you are ;)

2. wommusic
    Key Master

Just a point to your #3: I know Kurt didn't like that quote about him having less problems playing a certain way now - he had asked that it be taken out of his bio actually (which it was). Somehow it made it into this article (both were written by Bill Milkowski). However, there is no question that he's better than he was when he recorded ECLA of course! ;-)

3. cruxtable

i could have sworn that sustain was done by the hog's freeze function - i know i've seen it with the expression pedal in the pics of his recording session... did it say in the article that it was the eventide?

4. Sandemose

Im hopeless with this. I cant find the article. I only get annoying advertising about the GuitarPlayer magazine. Anyone can link to the actuall article?

Best,

Sandemose

5. wommusic
    Key Master

Sandemose, I don't think it's up on the web yet - but it WILL be eventually I've been told. I'll do some research as to when that will be...

6. Sandemose

Okej, thanks Anders! Then its not only me being a n000b :) Thanks for making feel better about computers as well ACT :)

Best,

Sandemose

7. wommusic
    Key Master

I am sorry Stephan, but we cannot allow the unauthorized dissemination of another copyright holders material. Whoever wants to read the article will have to either wait until it is posted online OR buy the magazine. It will be up soon I am sure....

8. Stephan

Hey "wommusic", no big deal, it's cool! I had a bad feeling while posting it anyways! And to all the others: It's definitely worth a read!

9. Entasis

10. carlescountry

Thanks a lot!!!

You must log in to post.