Magical rainbow ponies

Help on which EASTMAN to buy, same price, El rey1 or ar805ce?

(4 posts)
  1. tyleresco

Hi everyone,

i want to buy an eastman to play jazz and blues, i have the opportunity to decide between two models at the same price.
    Could you please tell me PROs and CONs, and opinions?
    Every input will be appreciated.
    Thank you

2. washabaugh

Tyleresco,
    I never got my hands on the 805 but did have a chance to play an El Rey for an afternoon a few years ago. Overall, I thought it was nice. I was able to get a warm sound from the guitar and it felt comfortable. I didn't buy it because for me...there just wasn't a strong connection with the instrument. I've been able to play a few Eastman guitars and I'd suggest that you put your hands on both instruments before proceeding. The quality on the Eastmans I've played have varied. If that isn't possible, then I (just my opinion) would wait until you can....guitars are too individualistic to buy unseen (unless money is not a factor)....

An honest question...why are you so sold on these two instruments?

Good luck,
    Benjamin

3. webstik

I have eastman oval hall archop it may be 600 series. That is really great guitar! amazing big sound!. i usually use that on bronze stings.

4. They seem to be vastly different from eachother... Perhaps isolating bottom lines or even vague notions of what you are looking for from a new instrument -as a place to start. Consider washabaugh's comments and question aswell.

You must log in to post.