Incredible fingerpicking technique

(9 posts)
  1. DGP

Hey all,

Has anyone seen this cat on youtube?

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Plugins

They're transcriptions, but his touch / fingerpicking technique is incredible! Sounds just like a horn on guitar. Never seen anything like it.

Best,
    DGP

Register
  2. He plays and sounds great! Super on the money with that stuff!...however putting the mic near the stereo speaker where hawk and cannonball are coming out might be giving that " horn like " quality .

3. david6strings

amazing beauty. that sound quality comes from the mixed sounds as floatingbridge said. i think this is an epiphone because of the guitar head logo. i have a sheraton II but mine have an euro simbol in the pickguard and in the piece that cover the truss rod hole. anyway beautiful playing and by the way, it seems to me he have chosen the fingerings carefully for the articulation

4. jbroad

never seen anything like it, eh? you might want to check out nelson veras

5. Matt

nelson veras plays some incredible stuff!
    and also, for me, fingerpicking comes really naturally (not to the extent in this thread necessarily) and i've always liked the warm sound and expanded dynamic range.

6. Quintricacy

Here is Mike Nielsen my first guitar teacher, playing with my dad and uncle. He plays completely finger style too. I only heard this last night and thought it might have been Kurt or something but then when i saw the video i was blown away. This is taken from 1993!!

7. jazznan

Kevin Eubanks uses thumb and index finger, and he's incredibly fast- and a great player. But doesn't Kurt just prove that you don't have to be "super-fast" to rise to the top. Creativity, musicality and taste are far superior to speed and technique...

8. Matt

i'm almost to the point of never using a pick again; not because my chops are awful, but because i only use a pick for single note lines. i dont trust my picking either...

9. Well , i love fingerpicking. However i

s sweet for slower melodys and chords in moderat tempos.

/ Z

You must log in to post.