Contact us

Inner urge transcirption

(16 posts)
  1. mrzzajjazz

Hello jazz-freaks!

I've just completed my most ambitious transcription project to date.. Some weeks ago I started out on Kurt's solo on this tune, the Bocco-clinic found on youtube. My main objective was to learn how Kurt plays over these changes and then try to learn to play the tune myself...it's pretty difficult.
    Well, after some long hours I've now copleted it, and since everyone here are so generous and since it's such a great forum, I wanted to share it with you guys.
    Hope you all enjoy it!
    So here it is - over 7 minutes of Rosenwinkel magic!

http://www.4shared.com/document/EsZ2KOtf/Inner_Urge.html

All the best

Mr.zzajjazz

Email
  2. 26-2

i think there is some problem with the pdf, it shows weird simbols instead of the tab and notation.

3. Poparad

It worked fine for me. Nice transcription!

4. Poparad

Here's a possibility: I think the transcription was done in Finale, and it's possible that the PDF was created not with a graphic of each page, but rather with text using notation and tablature fonts that Finale uses. If you have Finale (like me), and have the associated fonts installed on your computer, it will display fine. If you don't, then Acrobat will probably replace it with some other font, which obviously in this case would not work out too well.

5. Poparad

Yeah, that's the case. I opened it and was able to select the notes like they were text with the cursor.

To fix it, mrzzajjazz, try exporting each page from Finale as a .TIF file, and then combine those together into a new PDF document. That should fix it.

6. mrzzajjazz

Thanks Poparad!
    I have'nt had the chance to go through it searching for mistakes yet, but I tried to be as accurate as I could be when I worked at it.

26-2; I think Poparad is right about the fonts, but I gave it another try with another pdf-convertion program if the first one I used were the one making the problems (novaPDF). I used Guitarpro 5.2 for the notation. So I guess if you install something like Guitarpro or Powertab, you'll get the fonts necessary and it will probably work.

Here's the new link though:

http://www.4shared.com/document/V7sHelET/inner_urge.html

All the best

Mr.zzajjazz

7. 26-2

Hi thanks for the new link, the transcription seems well done! did you check also the fingerings from the video?

8. mrzzajjazz

I have't checked the fingerings for the whole solo yet. Some parts I have ,others I have'nt. Same goes for legatophrasing/picking. I started out trying to add hammer-on pull-offs, but after a while I just consentrated on getting the work done.. Hopefully most of the notes are correct. The chords where the hardest to get right though, so if anyone find mistakes there, please let me know :)

Cheers

Mrzzajjazz

9. mikelorenz

how do you fix the pdf if you don't have the fonts downloaded on your computer? i have a lot of punctuation and symbols but no music! thanks for the transcription!

10. mrzzajjazz

Here's yet another version of the file. I tried to follow Poparad advice. Hope this one works for everybody.

http://www.4shared.com/document/1h3YvdIX/inner_urge2.html

All the best

Mrzzajjazz

11. mikelorenz

Thanks! Looks great.

12. animitta

Thanks mrzzajjazz, you did a great work : )

I would like to ask you if is possible to have the GuitarPro file too, i am a little lazy : )

If you make that available i could open it with TuxGuitar

All the Best

Animitta

13. mrzzajjazz

For animitta and everyone else intersted, here's the Guitarpro file:

http://www.4shared.com/file/5FDD0pA5/Inner_Urge.html

All the best

Mrzzajjazz

14. lubo

du u have that link on youtube? I cant find it.

15. mrzzajjazz

Hey!
    The original video that I used for the transcription is no longer on youtube, I've also been looking for it.. But here's the last half of the solo, including bass- and drumsolo and a guitar-solo at the end that I haven't transcribed. I've found this video under Kirk Rosenwinkel, now it's changed to Kirt, don't ask me why..

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Plugins

All the best

Mrzzajjazz

16. paddypat

the video and so the chorus is in this video, thanks a lot mrzzajjazz, great job!!

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Plugins

You must log in to post.