Register

Kurt - Bimhaus, April 20, 2009

(6 posts)

No tags yet.

1. Poparad

There's a great bootleg of the quartet with Aaron Parks, Ben Street, and Ted Poor up on dimeadozen.org right now from last year! I just saw Allan Holdsworth last night, and after listening to this bootleg and other more recent stuff from Kurt, I can really see a stronger connection between those two, particularly in regards to the rhythmic fluidity of Kurt's faster lines as of late. If there's one person that you could say is carrying the torch for Holdsworth's innovations, it would have to be Kurt!

2. jseaberry

The rhythmic approach may seem similar, but I don't see it in other aspects, like chord formation tendencies or articulation. Very interesting, and thanks for the link.

3. Poparad

Yeah, Kurt definitely has his own thing in those regards, although I'm sure Holdsworth's chord ideas offered some inspiration to him, even if what actually ended up doing is very different. I was mainly thinking about the way his lines have changed in the past few years. He has the Holdsworth feel of very fluidly floating through measure, at a speed that almost sounds like it's not intentionally metered (or at least my ears can't hear it yet), but always landing precisely in the right spot at the right time, signifying that it really was intentional.

Contact us
  4. jseaberry

I see what you mean, and I agree.

5. Matt

Stoked! I'm seeing holdsworth tomorrow in dayton. gonna be sick!

6. Thanks for the link update. Just got the boot and will be listening soon

You must log in to post.