Kurt live tonight....

(10 posts)

No tags yet.

1. Sandemose

For the first time in 6 years I get to see Kurt live again. 8 pm tonight at Fasching, in Stockholm, and Im so excited about this. Seems like quite alot of tickets have been sold (not sold out yet though), so hopefully Kurt will have a great crowd tonight. Gonna tell you all about it later.

Best, Sandemose

2. riverstooge

Yo, 'DEMOSE, please get some audio bootleg or video man! I gotta hear 'Brooklyn Sometimes' live! Haha, all the best.

Sincerely (Jealous), Riverstooge

3. Sandemose

The power of Kurt compels you!

Two days ago I witnessed Kurt live at Fasching in Stockholm. It was a great gig, many new tunes Ive never heard before were played, but some old "hits" (like Turns) to sing along with as well. "Birds of Prey" went through the roof, a brutal tune, perhaps close to a song like Gamma Band (from one of the bootlegs from Village Vanguard) and others too. "Deja Vu", and "Homage to Mitch" were really nice as well. I got a moment after the gig to talk with Kurt backstage (I thought I would be starstruck but wasnt) and it was a great moment for me. I also used the oppertunity to hand over a present from Sweden, a CD with Allan Petterssons 7th symphony (conducted by Antal Dorati), which is probably the best music thats ever been recorded in my book. I of course forgot to ask Kurt what pick he uses. Sorry guys...

Coming back from a hard last year with all kinds of trouble on all different levels this was something Ive been looking forward to for so long. Im so happy having experienced this. I really needed it. Thanks Kurt and band, and also you ACT. Im really thankful to you all.

Best regards, Sandemose

Email
  4. Quintricacy

Good to hear Sandemose! I'm going to be seeing the same group here in Dublin next week. He's playing as part of a festival and my dad's group are opening for them :)

5. Azraelwave

wow quintricacy.....could ask what pick he use? if its possible ...thanks

6. guitarmo

Could you ask him how many hours of practice are needed each day to be as good as him?

7. Sandemose

guitarmo: haha...what? Doesnt it depend on who you are, and where you are in your development?

Best, Sandemose

8. guitarmo

Yeah, that was a joke. The whole pick thing is just funny to me.

9. Sandemose

But the pick looks so big though, cant help to be curious...

best, Sandemose

10. jorgemg1984

Maybe its a John Pearse camel bone, they are white and very big....

You must log in to post.