Kurt new record.

(13 posts)
  1. Sandemose

2. Redbeard

Bitchen album art. And "Turns"!!! Anders was right -- the mind WILL get blown.

3. mikelorenz

I just ordered it...kind of wish an mp3 download came with it a la artistshare/greenleaf/et al. can't wait for september to get it in the mail.

4. Sandemose

Anders, will this be released in mp3 format? I hardly ever buy disc anymore.

Best, Sandemose

5. Colonel Trane

Kurt is striking quite the rock star pose on the cover.

6. Quintricacy

Turns sounds great. Really looking forward to this.

7. wommusic
    Key Master

Hey Sandemose - yes, it WILL be available as Mp3/320 kbps as well as Apple lossless downloads. However, it doesn't make much sense to take pre-orders on the downloads, and we can only release on September 7, 2010 as that is the official release date. And thanks to all of you for your enthusiasm, we are psyched!

8. Sandemose

Goodie Anders, thanks for the info, really looking forward to this. Hey, isnt Kurt releasing records in super speed right now? First "the Remedy" (was is four years ago, I cant remember, it still actually never have left my mp3 player since I bought it), "Reflections" and now "Our secret world". I think its a good pace actually. How is in the jazz record industri (stupid question?). Are (we) jazz fans more lojal than the average record "buyer"? Is releasing records more of a service rather than a way to make money?

This is bitchin:

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Plugins

Best, Sandemose

9. wommusic
    Key Master

Hey Sandemose - well, to answer your questions. First, I think YOU are definitely more loyal than the average fan, one, and, two, I think this is true of just about anybody in this forum. I mean you all came back despite the fact that it took us so long to get a new board up after the old one was hacked into! You all help make this a real resource and fun place to visit!

So that's great and we couldn't release this music this way and at this pace if you guys weren't there to support it! There's just no if's and but's about that or about how much we appreciate the opportunity to release this music and get it heard! We don't take it for granted!

Having said that - we actually are releasing albums at a SLOWER pace than Kurt's creative output warrants, which is key when discussing how often we SHOULD release. He just keeps creating at an astonishing pace! I see it as MY job to try and document as much of that as possible, find a way to make it available to all of you and to the ages. I love the opportunity to help make that happen, and we are having a ball doing so! So thank you all of you, because it is YOU that makes all of this possible!

10. Sandemose

Thanks Anders, very nice of you. This place is the best, and its very cool of Kurt, not only to interact with his fans, but letting fans get together. I mean, just the fact (even if its a long time ago) that we "meet" in a chat room watching gigs streaming from Smalls while discussing music and just hanging out is awesome. I appreciate those moments so much.

About Kurts creative pace. Doesnt that freak you out? Isnt it terrible hearing perfect, awesome takes with Kurt and then while realizing that it wasnt recorded? What we fans actually get to hear is only a tip of an iceberg. I guess technology these days at least provide a better possiblity to get in touch with, in this example, Kurts output.

Thanks for doing a great job ACT, it must be the best work in the world :)

Best, Sandemose

11. filters

yeah... it should be possible to have like an artistshare type of relationship with Kurt's music... downloadable live videos, live sets, ... also for guitar nerdies Kurt music/guitar lessons... of course his harmony book.

Well, I should add that, even if there's obviously a market for that (there are so many guitar geeky guys out there - including myself), quality is much better than quantity. I can definitely wait and I prefer having a great "product" than just a quickly-done thing that won't have much impact.

I think Kurt is more interested in doing artistic stuffs than lessons... which is definitely normal for an artist. But he can make some money too without selling his soul and help people develop their artistic craft. In the end, it's not a "product" anymore, it just helps you get better at music.

12. hitdoggie

Just listened to the samples:

I don't think eloquence is warranted- so forgive me in advance.

JUST F*CKing DOPE!!!!!!!

13. If we've already preordered the album, does that include the mp3 download on 9/7?

You must log in to post.