kurt w/ orchestra! not his tune tho

(7 posts)
  1. just found these great vids w/ kurt playing w/ an orchestra at the roterdam jazz fest. i guess rodrigo fana is the composer. very classical w/ kurt soloing at times.

real good!

part 1

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Plugin
    part 2

2. nateroberts

Man - this is incredibly great. Thanks for finding it.

- nate
    http://www.naterobertsmusic.com

3. jazznan

I pretty much can't stand orchestra's with jazz soloists, i'm really, really skeptical. I've never heard anyone do it successfully. There's so much jazz coming out that's "adult contemporary" music, what's with all this??? I don't get it, sounds like film music gone wrong. bah hum bug!

Contact us
  4. Matt

anything is cool with me.

i haven;t listened extensively, but it's decent.

Admin
  5. Sandemose

jazznan: I get your point, but remember, music have sounded like this long before it made its way into film. I pretty much liked the music, even if Im also sceptical to orchestra/jazz soloist format. Didnt Bill Evans record with orchestra..?

Thats a nice one :)

Best, Sandemose

6. Alvin

Hey!

Would please somebody tell me more about Rodrigo Faina!

Thanks!
    Alvin

7. jazznan

this is just personal taste and opinion, but although I love Bill Evan's and Kurt's playing, with an orchestra I think it sounds ridiculous. It's the worst of both things, especially recorded. Live, I might be able to tolerate it, simply because of the joy of watching a bunch of people hopefully having a good time....oh well, glad you guys like it.

You must log in to post.