Maybe you don't care but I have to share this with you...

(4 posts)

No tags yet.

1. Gia5

I just had a wonderful morning playing 3 or 4 tunes with John Abercrombie. There was a workshop here and only 2 guitar player (me and a friend of mine, that's crazy!!) were present, and only a few person in general.
    I even played in a duo with him. Such a poet, what a great experience...
    Sorry if it doesn't relate with anything tipically discussed here, I'm just still excited and wanted someone to share with ;)
    Cheers...

2. Alvin

Hi!

Thanks for shearing! What a great opportunity! :)
    I'm a fan of Abercrombie myself. Maybe you could share some thoughts/things he was talking about?

Peace!
    Alvin

Private
  3. Gia5

Hi Alvin. He talked a lot about some paths he prefers about music and improvisation...like following harmony but not scales, one idea after another, in a continuum of development....other than that he was very relaxed and show a kind of lazy (in a good sense of the term) approach to music and guitar...no wrong notes, no licks or patterns. "I play strange, with my thumb, can't go too fast but I don't care, because I play only in a horizontal way"...But he was very clear about the relevance of a good timing.

Admin
  4. jseaberry

I had the same kind of experience once with Larry Coryell; I'm still floating, and that was 4 years ago!

Secret

You must log in to post.