Register

Merch

(3 posts)

No tags yet.

1. TruthHertz

Hey there, just doing a survey of forum members. I'm wondering how many out there would buy Kurt merchandise if it were out there at the concerts.
    Would you buy a quality T shirt?
    Would you spring for a hoodie sweatshirt if it was classy?
    Would you buy a high quality stereo recording of the show you attended? These would be very limited to only the show(s) of that particular evening. If you did, how might this effect a decision to buy a current studio release of Kurt's?
    Would you buy a mug?
    Would you pay for downloadable lead sheets? A disc of a live performance of a particular version of a tune with a pdf of the transcribed solo?
    I'm just curious to see where everybody's coming from, and thinking of ways that it might be so profitable for Kurt to tour that he might do it a little more.
    David

2. arewolfe

Hey David. More touring would be just fine by me! I'll just go down the line with some of my answers:

Would you buy a quality T shirt? Yes
    Would you spring for a hoodie sweatshirt if it was classy? Possibly
    Would you buy a high quality stereo recording of the show you attended? YES X1000!!
    These would be very limited to only the show(s) of that particular evening. If you did, how might this effect a decision to buy a current studio release of Kurt's? It wouldn't affect my desire to seek out all possible recordings.
    Would you buy a mug? LOL, Yes.
    Would you pay for downloadable lead sheets? No (not because it's not worth it, but because I think transcribing is half the fun... maybe more than half the fun).
    A disc of a live performance of a particular version of a tune with a pdf of the transcribed solo? Hmmm... might be cool to have as a teaching tool for advanced players.

3. Benny

I've long thought that Kurt and his team at Word of Mouth are missing out on potential revenue from the sale of downloadable charts. A number of Kurt's peers have charts available for a couple of dollars a tune. http://www.kurtrosenwinkel.com already has the web store set up to sell album downloads - .pdf charts would be a simple addition and, given the number of questons on this forum and others over the years about changes to Kurt's tunes, it would be worthwhile.

Email

You must log in to post.