method of seeing chord tones all over the neck

(3 posts)

No tags yet.

1. eSkills

I have no experience with it, but I do want to say that I am highly sceptical to everything marketing itself as being something that makes any aspect of music "ridiciously easy" to learn. I dont really think there are a lot of secrets to learning this stuff, and I think you have to find out of a lot of stuff by yourself. When it comes to "seeingn" chords and tones over the nech, I really don't think it matters that much, it's much more important that you hear them. This has atleast become a revelation for me the previous year, as I discovered that I tend to play a lot of stuff I dont actually hear. When I now started listening more to my own ear, I can say I play a lot better.

Finally I just want to say that I am not an experienced jazz guitarist so if anyone disagrees with my statements please make a comment about it.

Magical rainbow ponies
  2. I'd be skeptical too, imagine someone having the secret to seeing chords all over the guitar neck and then insisting on capitalizing on such a fantastic thing!! get the van epps books they are daunting and arduous but they offer lots of insights, lots, I say, in fact-the most important bit of wisdom I got from that recent guitar player article on kurt was his comment that he could just open to any section of the van epps books and find something useful , interesting the implication being you dont need to go thru the book sequentially ...that said book 1 I would at least start with practicing the triads on all string sets thru scales up and down neck

Magical rainbow ponies

You must log in to post.