method of seeing chord tones all over the neck

(3 posts)

No tags yet.

1. eSkills

I have no experience with it, but I do want to say that I am highly sceptical to everything marketing itself as being something that makes any aspect of music "ridiciously easy" to learn. I dont really think there are a lot of secrets to learning this stuff, and I think you have to find out of a lot of stuff by yourself. When it comes to "seeingn" chords and tones over the nech, I really don't think it matters that much, it's much more important that you hear them. This has atleast become a revelation for me the previous year, as I discovered that I tend to play a lot of stuff I dont actually hear. When I now started listening more to my own ear, I can say I play a lot better.

Finally I just want to say that I am not an experienced jazz guitarist so if anyone disagrees with my statements please make a comment about it.

Register
  2. I'd be skeptical too, imagine someone having the secret to seeing chords all over the guitar neck and then insisting on capitalizing on such a fantastic thing!! get the van epps books they are daunting and arduous but they offer lots of insights, lots, I say, in fact-the most important bit of wisdom I got from that recent guitar player article on kurt was his comment that he could just open to any section of the van epps books and find something useful , interesting the implication being you dont need to go thru the book sequentially ...that said book 1 I would at least start with practicing the triads on all string sets thru scales up and down neck

Register

Register

You must log in to post.