Register

Mike Moreno slaughter solo piece from hell

(16 posts)
  1. Sandemose

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Flash Videos

Man, I think he gets more and more powerful. Really brutal in his execution, distinct and clear as well. I like where this is going.

The intro to Body and Soul is quite awesome as well...

2. geetarted

Very Great! Sounding Strong!

3. Basile865

Thanks for posting this, love his chord usage.

4. adamv

Mike Moreno is ridiculous. I second the fact that he is better and better every time i hear him.

5. Khoby

Is it Evidence by Monk?

6. Sandemose

Khoby, yeah it is. It took me a month just to get down to a level I could live with myself. Its a slaughter house when Mike plays it. I love his dark vibe.

I met Mike some weeks ago at Fasching, in Stockholm. I was checking out Lage Lund and Will Vinson, and suddenly Mike walks into the club, just being in town, and lending his gear to Lage who lost his with Air Berlin. Sandemose was so confused. Sandemose havent really recoverd from it.

7. JanLF

Yes "Evidence" Khoby :-)

8. TruthHertz

Some 20 year old kid trying his hand at this tune. Whoozat?

Nothing more to say
    David

9. Neither

wow ! TruthHertz, do you've got other recordings of this period ?

10. jbroad

thanks for sharing that david! killing!!!

11. Basile865

I have to say, I thought mike moreno was interesting in the past but I largely wrote him off as standing in the shadow of kurt.

I just listened to some excerpts of his latest album "another way" and im really impressed by his creativity and ideas. He also has pushed using dissonance to great effect further then most guitarists Ive heard. Very cool indeed

12. jazzacast55

WOW, This is great, the video of Mike playing Evidence, I've been playing that a bit lately, I've worked it out mostly by ear, does anyone know if the chords are correct in the Monk real book? I've got most but a couple seem a little blurry

13. TruthHertz

From Neither:

wow ! TruthHertz, do you've got other recordings of this period ?

Yes, quite a bit. But I don't want to steal the thunder from Mike Moreno since this is a Mike Moreno thread, I just wanted to offer a rare glilmpse into a very young Kurt as he played with Seamus Blake, Dylan Keefe and Dan Reiser, his working band at the time. I was also going to post a heart stoppingly fast Donna Lee from similar recording but hey, everybody knows that tune already.
    Kurt was in a different space the entire time I've known him. It'd be easy to say he just keeps getting better. But when you listen to him from '91 (when that recording was made) you can see he had a completeness to him back then. He was true to himself and who he was back then, and he managed to keep that integrity at every stage in his life.
    There's something huge to be said for not having to spend any energy trying to sound like "Kurt Rosenwinkel" but rather just being yourself.
    David

14. jbroad

i would definitely dig hearing more early kurt stuff!

15. reggit25

Does anyone know what tune Moreno is playing here?

16. TruthHertz

A Time For Love. Bill Evans did a nice verson on Alone.
    David

You must log in to post.