Name this sound:

(4 posts)

No tags yet.

  1. silverwater

    Six note scale: Bb, B, D, Eb, Gb, G

    There's something familiar about this sound...I feel like I've played it before from some theory book but I can't remember the name...anybody know what this is called? It's wicked sounding (though I'm having trouble memorizing the notes in different keys)

    I "discovered" it from playing 3 major triads, roots a major 3rd apart. (So over Bb7: B triad, Eb triad, G triad)

  2. Poparad

    I've seen that referred to as the "augmented scale."

  3. jorgemg1984

    Isnt that the augmented series scale or something like that?

  4. silverwater

    Aha that's it! Thank you.


You must log in to post.