Oberlin Show

(6 posts)

No tags yet.

1. cruxtable

For Anders,

I'm looking for info on the Oberlin site for Kurt's show on February 22 to see about tickets, but the event isn't listed anywhere, while other events later in the year are (such as Herbie Hancock). Know what's going on with that show?

Thanks-

2. wommusic
    Key Master

Hi Paul - the show is confirmed. More details to follow soon! Merry Xmas!

Secret
  3. Poparad

He's playing in Oberlin? Cool! That's not too far of a drive from Akron...

Secret
  4. Poparad

Just got back from the show tonight. Killer show! It was unfortunately really under publicized. I had so many Facebook friends shouting "how did I not hear about this?!?" when I posted a picture of the stage before the show started. The band was awesome, and it was a treat to hear Aaron Parks play (I didn't realize he was going to be on the gig). The drummer, Justin Falkner, I'd never heard of before, but sounded great. He really grooved hard, like Eric Harland or Ali Jackson do on Kurt's recordings (as opposed to someone like Jeff Ballard who stretches out a little more with the time). The bassist I unfortunately couldn't hear because the gig was in a large church hall so all I heard was a low rumble. I also didn't quite catch his name as it was so unusual (Akubar? Akumen?). Kurt played about half new tunes and half older tunes from various albums, all original music all night. It was a great treat to hear Kurt again, and it's great to see someone like him continually expanding his range and abilities. He always seems to have reached a new peak with each gig I see him play.

5. Ben

Bassist- Ugonna Okegwo

That's funny you couldn't hear the bass, where I was sitting I couldn't hear the Piano..

6. Poparad

I could hear the piano just fine. A little on the quiet side, but it was pretty clear. Acoustics are a strange thing.

You must log in to post.