Email

Old material with Kurt finally back on youtube...

(5 posts)
  1. Sandemose

This is from the Mezzo series called "Solo". Kurt talks about music in general and plays as well. This was up some years ago but then was deleted from youtube. Hope this stays:

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Flash Video

Best,

Sandemose

Private
  2. 111

Thanks for posting this. I've never seen it, but watched it today. Simply stunning.

3. Pascau

Awesome! I'm glad this is back up. Thanks

4. lacroix

One of Kurt's opening lines in the first video is "Composition is improvisation frozen in time".
    Wow!!
    That is going to be one of my favourite quotations about jazz and music in general.

5. Sandemose

I love the aspects of praying, you prepere your craft and you sacrifice it. Music as a ritual. Its so profound and I think that what Kurts music is about (for me). Sometimes I think of music as a force carrying information about us human heings, from way back before we couldnt talk or when there only was one language. Music must have been around then, it was made and played and listened to. Its the same force that is being active today, and when going really deep into it, our minds get into this focus that erases all feelings and thoughts, and leaves the mind open but at the same time empty.

Man, a clinic with Kurt would be great right now :)

Best, Sandemose

Magical rainbow ponies

You must log in to post.