Organ Sound for Guitar

(13 posts)
  1. jazznan

2. boss octave pedal ( the brown one, with 2 octave knobs) set both at 100% . also if you have a tremolo effect ( mine is modeled on my amp ) and has a leslie-ish vibe when set at faster rates . these two used in tandem, do a pretty good job . but just the octave alone even has a hammond-esque late 80's early 90's steve swallowishness.

3. geetarted

The old Arion stereo chorus pedals provide a cheap good sounding organ effect.

Contact us
  4. JorgeRubiales

Electro-harmonix hog, the best thing i've seen for this. That and a uni-vibe kind of expression pedal and you're pretty much set

Email
  5. InWalked

Hughes & Kettner Tube Rotosphere

6. Poparad

The Boss rotary pedal is a great sounding pedal. That's been a staple of my larger pedal board for a few years now.

7. Sandemose

Doesnt Scofield use and old Ibanez chorus pedal (jazz/funk something something DVD), or at least he did in the 90s? I think it sounds great when he use it. Havent tried it myself though.

Best, Sandemose

8. mds90

do you mean this sound?

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Player

9. jimjazz

I always think of either Sco or Charlie Hunter for this kind of sound, I'm pretty sure Hunter also uses/used the Rotosphere pedal InWalked mentioned earlier.

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Player

10. riverstooge

I have the rotosphere and love it! I remember there was a song with Charlie hunter and John Mayer and Mayer used the POG I think for a cool organ sound. Also Danny Gatton used to use some sort of Leslie simulator with his tone rolled off. Personally I think a big part of the sound is the voicings and licks you play. An organ player will hold one higher note while doing runs below as well as funky chords.

11. [+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Player

12. jazznan

thanks all, some good ideas and links

13. InWalked

another good one to check out
    http://www.neo-instruments.de/en/ventilator/ventilator-features

You must log in to post.