Email

Pro Pick of choice?

(10 posts)

No tags yet.

1. Anny Mouse

Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone knows what Mike Moreno, Lage Lund, and Gilad choose as their plectrum of choice...? I think I've seen Gilad use a Jazz III.. Anyone studied with these guys to have a look? Thanks!

Contact us
  2. jorgemg1984

I would love to know Lage's pick!

3. guitar1025

I took a lesson with Lage and he was using these:

http://www.elderly.com/accessories/names/cool-picks-%22juratex%22-jazz-pick--PKAGJ.htm

Don't know which gauge but it was definitely one of these. I used to use these a lot a few years ago. I still pull one out every now and then.

4. Anny Mouse

Yeah, those a great picks. Not sure I dig the tone of the material as much as other materials but just my preference. Moreno anyone??

5. jorgemg1984

THANKS 1025 :)

6. guitar1025

No problem. Keep in mind, I don't think he uses those exclusively. I've seen pictures of him using something a much darker color. I just know for a fact during our lesson that's what he was using.

Moreno I've seen up close. I think he's using either Gibson or Fender picks. I don't think they're very heavy either.

7. sweetdeat

A few to consider....

Red Bear...their pics are probably the best I've played but I've yet to order any. Great sound and totally customizable! $20 per pick.

V-Pick ....the pick I'm using now. Great warmth and great clarity at the same time....kinda a rare find I think. $12 per pick.

Wegen Picks....my least favorite of the 3...but a good choice. $10 per pick.

8. Ben

Blue Chip Picks are great.. Expensive though

9. jorgemg1984

Yeah Moreno's sounds like he has a light pick / light strings / light attack...

I love Pro Plecs!

Admin
  10. JPMike

I just love the tone you get out of the D'Andrea Pro Plecs. Love it.

The only thing, that sometimes bothers me but I can live with it, is the fact that can get a bit slippery when you get sweaty.

Also, the Fender XHs are a nice substitute for me, if I can't find a Pro Plec to play with.

You must log in to post.