Question for Kurt 2: Do you have perfect pitch?

(5 posts)
  1. mrzzajjazz

Hey Kurt and everyone!

I'm just getting excited from Kurt's respond to the thread "If Kurt responded more.." and "Question for Kurt"(well maybe you have opened Pandora's box here...), but here's my question to Kurt and everyone else in this forum who find it interesting:

Do you have perfect pitch? And what are your thoughts about the relationship between what you hear in your mind as you improvise, and the ability to know where the pitches are on the neck in the same moment?

I guess as guitarist it is easy to get stuck in patterns and turn on "autopilote" from time to time. (At least I find myself doing it..)

Do you have any thoughts on what's a good ear-training programme for guitarist? (Maybe to try and move away from the "autopilote"-mode?)

Well, I guess that's more than one question, but if you find the time to just answere one of the questions here, I would be most greatful-and anyone else's opinon would be appreciated much too!

Thank you so much for all the great music Kurt, I've been a fan for years now, please come to Norway soon!

All the best

Mrzzajjazz

2. kurtisrosenwinkel
    Administrator

no i dont have perfect pitch but i have developed relative pitch. although if i think of ziggy stardust i can usually get a G so thats like a burned in pitch memory, or if i think of the A on a tuner i can usually get it as well.

Admin
  3. kurtisrosenwinkel
    Administrator

i am always ear training everything i hear

Register
  4. More reasons pointing to your coolness, mr. Rosenwinkel.sadly, I must confess that I think of ' more than words ' when trying to place what and where G is .

Edit page
  5. mrzzajjazz

Thank you so much for your answere Kurt!

All the best

Mrzzajjazz

You must log in to post.