Real electronic jazz?

(7 posts)
  1. JorgeRubiales

Hi everybody!

Inspired by Kurt's Heartcore, and not having an stable line-up on my band, I've decided to go the electronic route with just keyboards and guitar as real instruments. However, aside from Kurt, everything I search with the term "electronic" attached to it, seems just a bunch of corny backing tracks, or worse, a DJ-sort-of-thing.

The only other band that I found interesting (though heavier than what I would play, but interesting anyway) is Sayag Jazz Machine (plenty of them on youtube).

Any of you know any interesting electronic jazz band?

Register
  2. Poparad

A friend of mine from NYC has a great album he did a year or two ago. Check out "Current" by Jack Broad.

3. I'd recommend these: (All from Spain); Andreau Zaragosa ''Wide Songs'', Triphasic and Slaughterhouse 3 with Llibert Fortuny and Gary Willis.

Secret
  4. Matt

i don't know much about this guy, but he's a DJ. really, to me, this very much jazz. really cool beats.

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Flash Video

i think DJ Shadow is another guy who's instrumental samples are very jazzy. but i am very open-eared, i guess.

Edit page
  5. Barry Mando

I would recommend Jaga Jazzist.

Live:

My group the Barry Mando Project incorporates some drum and bass. The D&B feel is really starting to take off in modern jazz these days.

Register
  6. JorgeRubiales

Hey barry, +1 to jaga jazzist. Actually I remember a friend talked me about them about 6 years ago, but I forgot to check them...

Nice band you have there too, though I first thought you were some kind of giant (that was before I noticed you were playing a mando, not an electric guitar lol).

7. Barry Mando

Thanks Jorge! Actually I am a giant! hehe...

Magical rainbow ponies

You must log in to post.