hope that everyone is having good times during the christmas holyday.
I don't know if this is a topic already covered before but i would like to suggest this thread:
Can you all guys reading this forum suggest a list of reccomended books?
Not only about music or music theory. Also about biographies of musicians or all other kind of books. No matter what: philosophy,religion, narrativies stories, or short story,
dramatic monologue, epic tale, detective story,
work of fiction, tear-jerker , everything. A book you think it's important or necessary to be read.
Everyone one can post a 5 top list.
All the Best whishes for a happy, healthy, musically rich, and if possible also economically rich : ), great New Year!
Oh yes...i forgot to post my list....if someone is interested about, this is mine, not in a particular order:
1) Gibran Kalhil Gibran -- The Prophet : http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jrcole/gibran/prophet/prophet.htm
2) Siddartha - Hermann Hesse
3) The George Van Eps Method for Guitar- http://shoppingcart.djangobooks.com/ecom-prodshow/vaneps_method.html
4) Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen_and_the_Art_of_Motorcycle_Maintenance
5) The Teaching of Don Juan : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Teachings_of_Don_Juan - Carlos Castaneda:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Castaneda