recording

(9 posts)

No tags yet.

1. gleepglop

As a new member, I thought I'd share a recording of my playing. It's just a gig recording, so it's not perfect (in more ways than one)

http://www.upurload.com/file.php?name=9f8c0ae5f7abba2b6e04f3b881ff0c14.mp3#

Since there are a lot of good players here, any helpful criticism or suggestions are appreciated.

Edit page
  2. mds90

In order to begin talking... you must communicate to the great multitude of guitarists here what's your gear, otherwise we don't listen to anithing!
    Great sound, very warm and clean. Is that a live recording?

3. gleepglop

Ha, thanks, I didn't think about gear . . . it's a D'angelico EX-DC (Korean, older model) straight into a Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue. I did replace the stock pickup on the guitar with a hand-wound one by Smits Pickups. I'm using the Dunlop 209 pick and Thomastik GB roundwound strings (12s).

It is a live recording, just a cocktail gig. People were pretty noisy.

4. Sandemose

Gleepglop: nice to have you onboard as said. You play fantastic, I love your touch and sound. Class player in my brown book. We have a thread with forum members playing, and one forum-member-biography (dont forget give info about pets, other intrests and a bunch of trivial stuff).

Once again, great playing gleepglop, I look forward listening to more of your playing.

Best, Sandemose

5. wommusic
    Key Master

I agree - it's a very nice recording!

6. Poparad

Yeah, that does sound good! As for criticisms, I have nothing to say! Ballads are something I need to do some more work on. They really test how much vocabulary you have down. The slow tempo really demands variety in one's playing.

7. gleepglop

hey, thanks guys for the encouraging comments!

Sandemose, thanks, I'll post in the members playing thread next time.

Poparad, I agree about ballads--I need to work more on the slow tempos too (and the fast tempos! uh, and the rest of them probably as well . . . ah, there's so much to work on). Part of the challenge of a ballad for me is that my typical vocabulary tends to sound contrived and it forces me to try to be more creative.

8. Matt

As Nir Felder said to me in an email -
    'we all have such a long way to go, and always will.'

you sound good gleepglop

9. gleepglop

Thanks, Matt, that's a great quote!

You must log in to post.