Private

Reflections

(78 posts)
  1. denjz

I just ordered the CD and wanted to get the downloads too,but the "digital downloads" section in the shop was empty.
    How did you guys get these downloads?

Register
  2. wommusic
    Key Master

Hey Denjz, I can answer that question: the people that have gotten the download are the ones that put in orders prior to us noticing that there was an issue with the download process, so we ensured that they got the files without further delay since they had already paid for them.

We are working with our hosting company to resolve the issue there is with the download being slow and eventually stalling without finishing, and as soon as we feel that it has been solved we will open up for the downloads again.

So sorry to keep everybody waiting on this - the good news is that the CD's are available right now and those orders being expedited!

3. trim

hey anders,

i was one of the folks who ordered and paid for the downloads and have just been waiting for things to get worked out. is there a chance i could be sent the files since i have already paid for them? i can email you my invoice if you need.

thanks!

4. Anders, thanks for the email and link. You guys are the best!

-Michael

Secret
  5. denjz

Anders ,thanks a lot for the quick answer!!!

6. hitdoggie

Anders workin' his magic!!

The album is fantastic....what a great rendition of "fall"

7. wommusic
    Key Master

Blush! :-)

8. wommusic
    Key Master

So guys - you won't believe this. For this to happen on day &(&@#(*@# ONE of launching this web store - this is what we just received from our hosting company: We experience a network outage on the switch that your machine is connected to. This caused latency, packet loss, etc. As a result your website was either intermittently down and / or painfully slow. Everything has been resolved. One of system admins added 2GB to the switch. We have been actively monitoring the network over past few hours, and will continue to do so. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. We truly appreciate your continued patience. If you have any additional questions, please let us know

Signed by someone from the hosting company!

Now we are testing everything to see if it IS actually resolved! Will keep you all posted!

9. carlescountry

Bought the CD! I hope to have it ready to enjoy it.

10. Colonel Trane

Any word on the downloads? I'd like to get my hands (ears) on this asap.

11. Sandemose

Man, for the love of God...I want this record sooo bad. I guess its hard for you ACT to give a date or something (its just adds more frustrations when its delayed time after time), but are we talking days, or weeks? "I need to know" to qoute a songtitle from Kurt...

best, Sandemose

12. wommusic
    Key Master

Hey guys - so here's the update. Yesterday night the problem was solved...we thought...this morning when we tested the system it was not working again. Now it's working again...! TMI anybody? Well, that's what's going on.

But our hosting company has assured us it should be working now, so we are working on getting everything up and running again soon (hopefully within a few hours) and then it's us that's saying "for the love of God"!

13. you can do it keymaster!

14. wommusic
    Key Master

hahaha!

15. Sandemose

ACT: I just downloaded the record. No problem what so ever. Thank you so much ACT for doing a great job, and thanks Kurt for making my days, nights, and I guess life itself, better and more meaningful with your music.

Best and warmest regards,

Sandemose

16. wommusic
    Key Master

Super - thanks a LOT for your patience and support Sandemose!

17. wommusic
    Key Master

OK - if anybody experiences ANY problems of ANY kind with the downloads....please let us know!

18. so which format is 'better'? Apple flac or mp3? :)

19. Sandemose

Whitesploi: for me FLAC is the best sounding format (best quality), but I always buy mp3:s since my mp3 player wont play FLAC. I need music for long walks, busstravels, or stuying at the library :)

20. Nuno
    Key Master

Whitesploi; the better formats are without doubt the Lossless ones both Apple or Flac because if you "uncompress" these to the wave format (which is actually the format that is utilized is normal cd's) they will have the same quality than the formers, even if played on Itunes or any other audio player. Mp3's become popular due to their portability, and can be seen as the "audio tapes" of our times because they have half of a size of the original file. For example; if the original file has 150MB compressed to Mp3 will have 15% of this size(depending on the utilized compression rates); so they will inevitably have a lower quality.

That is basically what it is, but in the end is your option to chose the one that best suits you needs! Hope this helps.

best

21. thanks heaps guys
    decided to get mp3 and eventually buy cd hard copy:)

22. wommusic
    Key Master

23. I hate waiting for my CD...

24. Sandemose

willyager: I always buy downloads. I hate waiting for CDs :) But all I can say is: its going to all worth the waiting ;)

Best, Sandemose

25. lollygirl

I missed the downloads and am waiting for the cd to arrive to Australia.......so far away. Reading eveyones posts has made me even more excited and hearing Barney McCall play Flashbacks live last week just reminds me of Kurt's amazing playing on that album. Here's hoping the international post is on fast forward. So excited.

26. cruxtable

just got my cd in the mail!! going to listen now for the first time!

27. euanburton

I just downloaded the MP3 version of the album and there is a horrible buzz (crackle?) on the the guitar especially on certain notes at higher volumes. I've tried it on 2 stereos and headphones and it's there on all of them. Is anyone else getting this? Is it something to do with the MP3 version?

28. wommusic
    Key Master

29. Redbeard

Just got my CD in the mail, too. I love the album packaging. Is the photo of the trio from the Poisson Rouge date last June? It looks really familiar.

Thanks for putting this record out for us -- and thanks for sharing all those live sets with us in the meantime. Can't wait to give this a spin.

Reply »

You must log in to post.