Contact us

Roman Ott CD

(8 posts)

No tags yet.

1. nateroberts

What do you guys think of it? I wasn't even aware of it's existence until I found a copy at Tower Records in Tokyo yesterday afternoon. There is some great playing by Kurt and the whole group on it. Also some really interesting compositions. Check it out if you haven't heard it. The only bad part is it was about 28,500 Yen - close to $30. Well worth it though I think.

- nate
    http://www.naterobertsmusic.com

2. Two thumbs up! I really like it! [I found it on itunes]. My favorite cuts are The Gap, J&K, Control, and Orbisons Light. I love Kurts sound/tone on 'Control' especially(epic solo by Kurt on this one), it's so electric with a real breathy depth to it. I don't know if it was the way they mic'd his amp or if it was just some reverb setting, but it sounded different to me. Me likey! ...It's a great CD! great tunes, everyone sounds great on it. I'll definitely be looking for other Roman Ott recordings.

-Tim

3. jbear

I picked one up last November and I only have two gripes...
    ...El Gaucho isn't on it. The YouTube recording is amazing!
    ...several tracks with no guitar.
    I'd love to hear a collaboration with David Binney. Sounds like a natural paring.

4. Sandemose

I would never buy a record if it didnt have at least one guitar on it.

Best, Sandemose

5. nateroberts

Haha Sandemose!

Most of my favorite albums have no guitar on them.

But I will admit it would have been nice to hear Kurt on every track on this album. The tracks without him just seem anemic.

- nate
    http://www.naterobertsmusic.com

6. InWalked

which tracks include Kurt?

7. jbear

I think there's guitar on five of the nine tracks (2,3,5,7, & 9...if memory serves...#2 smokes). That's not too bad...over 50%. I have lots of favorites without guitar...but I'm a guitarist, so...I tend to go that way myself.

8. Brendan

All im gonna say.....

Orbisons Delight...... ahhh yesss

You must log in to post.