Rosen...winkel..?

(3 posts)
  1. Sandemose

Hi Kurt,

With the risk of stepping into what might a personal realm Ive these thoughts about your last name, Rosenwinkel. There are some discussions going on on youtube and on other forums regarding the origin of your last name. Its either Swedish (!), from Switzerland (but I guess thats being confused with the fact that your wife is from Switzerland?), or its German (since you´re a professor at a university). The story goes on and on.

I hope Im not crossing some line when asking this question. Thank you for having this board Kurt and providing a space to discuss music and art in general...

Best and warmest regards,

Sandemose

2. wommusic
    Key Master

Well, not that this is going to answer your question Sandemose, and not that there's any actual link, to my knowledge, but there's a German town called Rosenwinkel. More info about it here: http://www.maplandia.com/germany/brandenburg/brandenburg/prignitz/rosenwinkel/. More info here:
    original name: Rosenwinkel
    geographical location: Prignitz, Brandenburg, Brandenburg, Germany, Europe
    geographical coordinates: 53° 3' 0" North, 12° 22' 0" East

And here I thought we were building a global village....

3. Sandemose

Exciting info, wonder if Kurt can give some answers (if he knows himself that is). In Sweden we have quite good posibilities to search info about our ancestors since the church here since the 1400 century kept files/records on their believers...

Thanks Anders,

best, Sandemose

You must log in to post.