Something completely different...

(6 posts)

No tags yet.

1. Poparad

A little bit of self-promotion here, but a band I play bass in was featured on a local music show earlier this year, and we finally got the DVD back from the taping. It's a prog-metal band with two saxophones doing a weird mix of metal and jazz. Here's the first clip, with a total of 6 performance shots, and also a 3-part interview segment, all up on Youtube:

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Plugins

Admin
  2. jbroad

killin'! love it jeremy. is this your ballad? :D

3. Poparad

Haha, actually, this one is our ballad:

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Plugins

4. InWalked

Pretty menacing. Good stuff.

5. JorgeRubiales

Sorry but I didn't like it. And I don't like to make comments like this, really.

Being prog-metal, I found the music very repetitive, when it should be evolving over the theme. Maybe your ballad is your best song.

The saxophones thing...I don't know, they're there mostly as a fill, and definitely they should have a better melodic line, or shut up. You have to understand that, even if they're not soloing, the saxophone has a presence (because of its frequency response), and that constant chromaticism under the compound meters...too avant-garde for me.

I hope not to hurt with my opinions; if so I'm sorry.

6. hitdoggie

I haven't posted in like a year but I wanted to log back on to respond to this.

When that clip started I immediately thought, "I'm gonna hate this." Maybe that speaks more about my aural capacities than anything? Anyways, I listened to a bunch of those clips. You have balls man.

I dig the stuff.

Admin

You must log in to post.