TC Electronic Nova System

(5 posts)

No tags yet.

1. Benny

I mentioned in the live Smalls chat the other night that I bought the TC Electronic Nova System this week so I thought I'd start a thread about it.

The Nova System is a high quality yet affordable multi-effects unit. I was looking for something more portable than my current pedalboard (a loaded Pedaltrain 2). I haven't had much time to get deep into its functions (lots of parameters to play with) but the early signs are very promising. I can see it replacing my pedals. It can make all the key sounds I need (though I wish it had a modulated delay).

You can use the unit like a conventional pedalboard (one switch for each effect type) or in a preset mode. Right now, I am running it in 'pedal mode' with tremolo, hall reverb, octave, tape delay and overdrive. One of the nice features of the Nova System is that the overdrive/distortion is analog but controlled digitally. I'm no overdrive expert but I've dialled in a RAT-type sound. There is separate 'boost' switch to give a couple of extra db when you need it.

I need to spend some time tweaking the input and output levels but I haven't noticed any tone loss. There is no way to actually 'bypass' the unit and I'm not sure if the signal still goes through A/D/A conversion when the effects aren't engaged.

I spent a lot of time looking into this unit before buying. The Line 6 M13 looks like a toy next to it.

2. jorgemg1984

Hi, I am thinking about buying one of these - I dont want to cary my expensive pedal board everywhere and I need something with a good delay and good hall reverb (and no amp modeling). This seems perfect, are you happy with it? I love TC stuff

3. Kapteinar

I've owned the nova system. It's a great compact system, and the sounds are pristine. The nova effects has been the top of the line when it comes to digital effects for a long long time. But, I sold it and bought myself a Line 6 M13, and I think of it as an upgrade... The thing sucked my tone, so I always ended up running straight into the amp if I could.

The effects are so much more accessible on the m13.
    I love the fact that I can dial in three different delays to change between with one step between each, or two or more delays at the same time. And control any of the parameters with my expressionpedal. (great for subtle feedback changes and mix.)

I might buy a couple of distortions to use when I want to play something in the landau department, but other than that, I love the thing.

4. tkosm

I have the TC Nova sysem also. It is a really useful tool. Great quality effects and a lot of possibilities !!The only thing I do not like is the overdrive distortion mode. I have a separated pedal for overdrive. I was really fortunate because Kurt himself used it in a gig here in Maastricht because his reverb pedal was broken. He also told me he had one of this and was really satisfied with it.

5. jorgemg1984

Great, i will buy it soon, I miss my reverb and delay pedal when I dont take my pedalboard with me and I dont want to be always putting and taking them out of the pedalboard (and showing up at a small gig with a 8 pedal pedalboard is not very pratical). Something simple like the Nova seems great for small gigs and reharsals. Thanks for the inputs.

You must log in to post.