Private

Telecasters for jazz

(10 posts)
  1. malanzas

Hello members,
    I'd like to know your opinions about playing a Telecaster with a neck humbucker for jazz. I think I've seen in some photos or a video Kurt playing some kind of Telecaster. Is it possible?

Contact us
  2. animitta

Hello,
    in my humble opinion guitar it's just a tool. So, if you are a good musician you can use every kind of guitar and play jazz too. I personally prefer the hollow-body but if you hear to Ed Bickert he was ( and still is ) a monster on that instrument.

here you can hear and see Ed Bickert playing a telecaster:

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Video Player

I think he has a Great Jazz Tone, actually he has everything a musician would like to have, timing, swing, melodic sense, great armonic conception, interplay. And all with 'just' a telecaster. So, if is possible one time it would be possible again : )

BTW: here you can hear/see Kurt making a great solo on a telecaster:

All the Best
    Animitta

3. malanzas

Thank you so much, animitta, for these links. They're great!

Contact us
  4. geetarted

Other than Ted Greene, Ed's playing is classic! Paul Desmond and Jim Hall's recordings are a must, but the work Paul did with Ed textbook playing!

they did some t.v. work too!! LOL!!

This is cool too. Footage of some Toronto players and a great solo by Ed!

5. geetarted

whoops.. here's the link...

6. lucapusch

the tele on which kurt plays in these videos is a television built by stefan schottmüller in germany. they work together for a while now and kurt brings his guitars to him for repairs etc. currently he is building a signature model for him!

http://www.schottmueller-guitars.de/

7. JorgeRubiales

I find it hard to play with solid bodies, I came used to an archtop body, and even an Ibanez gb10 is a little too small for me. Some people like them, but I prefer an archtop for sound and playability.

8. fakejake

teles are just awesome. the kalashnikovs amongst guitars

9. carlescountry

10. jorgemg1984

You must log in to post.