Email

Tim Millers site is up!

(4 posts)

No tags yet.

1. jazzbum

2. jazznan

Looks great! I'd love to hear some reviews from somebody who's on the site before I sign-up.

3. mrzzajjazz

Finally it's up! Been waiting for this :)

4. smoke

I just joined up this weekend and am still digging my way through it all. I can't give a very thorough review but I will say what I have seen on the site is very well done. The lessons are kind of bite-sized in their presentation, 5 minutes or so, but could be as deep as you want to go. There are about 7-8 sections - technique, harmony, vocabulary, gear, live footage, etc.

There is a multi-part master class from North Texas that is really amazing. There is no written material related to it but he is apparently working on it. If you wanted to get at the heart of his sound, checking out the master class would get you there. It is pretty much 'his concept'. I can't wait until he builds lessons around the stuff he talks about in it.

I haven't looked at the harmony section at all but I am sure it is also very good. I still have a lot to explore.

For now, I am working on the first installment of ii-V lines to get a flavor of how he sees melody on the instrument. Plus I will get some great lines. I'll start to work on other stuff from there after filtering through all of the material.

So far I think it is a great value. He clearly put a lot of work into the video, audio, and printed material. The sound and picture quality are both very good. I am really excited to see where this goes. Pretty rare to have a player of that level offering this type of service.

Secret

You must log in to post.