Tosin Abasi

(14 posts)

Tags:

1. patfarlow

Contact us
  2. Matt

tosin is a great player.
    i've often wondered how many people here listen to other genres as much as jazz....

3. Sandemose

patfarlow: if you´re not a fan of Kurt, then you´re not my friend (joke). He is really great, really bizarre things going on...

Matt: I cant tell you how much I love bands like Meshuggah and Opeth among others. I think metal/rock/ etc is my main genre when it comes to listening to music at the time. Right now Im totally blown away by Napalm Deats "Time waits for no slave". The fury on that album is indiscribable, esp. 2.57 min song, "...empty vessel". My palms get all sweaty from it.

Best, Sandemose

4. Quintricacy

This is really good, hadn't heard of him before. Cheers Patfarlow!

5. Matt

Tosin actually mentions Kurt's influence on him in a jamplay.com interview on youtube

6. patfarlow

i love kurt, i was just mentioning tosin hoping others would as well. im glad quintricacy was enticed. yea i saw that jamplay thing i wish he would do some more clean stuff.

7. Quintricacy

The clean stuff does sound nice, but I don't think I like the tone he has on clean channel. It's too thin for my liking.

Contact us
  8. Matt

i have to say, i've been listening to animals as leaders non-stop the past four days. great music.

9. Poparad

I finally broke down and bought this CD after listening to the link. I've stumbled across them before and always enjoyed it, so I guess it was time to pick up the CD.

I agree wtih Quintricacy about the clean tone. Maybe we're just biased as jazz listeners because of people like Monder, Rosenwinkel, etc, who have a really huge sound when playing clean. On the other hand, this is a prog-rock/metal band, and that type of thin, clean tone is what bands in those styles typically use, so he's simply staying within that realm of expectation in regards to the tone.

10. Matt

I've only listened to 'on impulse', 'song of solomon' and 'modern meat' (i ordered the cd and want some suprises!) and how is the rest, poparad?

11. Poparad

Still awaiting delivery from Amazon. ;-)

12. patfarlow

i like the dj sounding parts mixing with natural drums.....i know it been done but its cool on occasion

13. patfarlow

have you guys watched this video where hes warming up and starts to play zvhago?

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Flash Videos

14. Matt

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Flash Videos

mentions kurt and others around 12:50

You must log in to post.