Tusica in Jazz masterclass experience

(4 posts)
  1. fakejake

Hi everyone,
    I just realized that today is the last day to register for the 2014 Tusica in Jazz workshops, so I was hoping you could help me with a short (and quick!!) answer:
    From those who attended the previous years, are these workshops (especially the masterclass with Kurt Rosenwinkel) recommendable for an intermediate-level amateur player (which I am)? Are there lots of situations where you have to perform and potentially embarrass yourself in front of a class of highly advanced professional musicians? Is there an easy unsuspicious way of not playing at the jamsessions and the final concert, and to simply watch?
    A short feedback on your experience would be very helpful! (btw, I know that there is no reason to be afraid and that participating in the session will greatly benefit my playing, still I'd be greatful for answers to my specific questions)
    Cheers!

Email
  2. Gia5

Hi fakejake.
    I was in Tuscia for the Easter workshops 2 years ago, with P.Bernstein.
    I don't have an answer for your first question (but honestly I don't think that ALL the attenders will be at an advanced-expert level...)
    Regards the performing and the sessions, it was very friendly, if you want to play, you play, if you don't want to, no need to hide. :)
    I think you should go ;)

Secret
  3. fakejake

Hey,
    Thanks for the answer! I registered, but havn't received the payment details yet, altough I got a confirmation mail. Hope that it worked..
    Cheers!

4. Gia5

You're welcome.
    The guy is called Italo Leali, if you want you can search him on facebook.

Contact us

You must log in to post.