what's your least favorite kurt rosenwinkel song?

(17 posts)

No tags yet.

1. cruxtable

2. jbroad

highway to hell

3. Poparad

At most jazz jams, to protest the fact that there seems to be a requirement that each and every song includes a simultaneous cadenza involving all members on stage on the final chord, I usually wait until everyone has blown their load and then tag on the end an instrumental "On the highway to hell...."

Magical rainbow ponies

4. Admin
  5. Poparad

It still blows my mind that Kurt's the bass player on the first two Marcy Playground albums. I remembering listening to the first album in high school, way before I ever got into jazz or even had an inkling of what jazz even was. An ironic full circle, of sorts.

6. contremisart

master of puppets

7. cruxtable

i don't think any of you guys are naming kurt rosenwinkel songs

8. contremisart

Poparad are you sure of this information? Which albums are they exactly?

9. guitarmo

Gangnam style.

10. cruxtable

in case anyone is interested. maybe a slightly different take: http://www.amazon.com/Starfucker-Jupiter/dp/B005VGW99S

11. jbroad

contremisart- NO WAY! master of puppets is one of kurt's best. it's much better than enter sandman

12. patfarlow

I dislike the entire OJM album, star of jupiter is awesome though.

13. Dorian Grey

My least favorite Kurt tune is really "Barbie Girl"!

14. Dorian Grey

patfarlow: what do you dislike about "Our Secret World" ? I think it's an amazing record! Just curious...

15. Poparad

contremisart: I read he'd played with them when they were first signed, but didn't officially join because he was busy with his own stuff. He's listed on the credits for their second album, Shapeshifter.

16. patfarlow

@Dorian Grey Firstly, I have a bias which is, I dont like big bands. Secondly, I feel the album sounds like a harsh, tinny brass band featuring Kurt Rosenwinkel. I like Kurt with trios and quartets because he has more room sonically to expand and contract. I honestly felt all those horns detract, rather than contribute anything pleasant to me.

If it was Kurt featuring a string quartet, that would be lovely to me.

17. Poparad

A string quartet! That would be really cool! Yeah, I'm not as much a fan of the big band album. There's nothing wrong about the way it was done that I would critique, I just don't care for it for some reason.

You must log in to post.