When is Kurt going to release, a dvd lesson or a book??

(11 posts)
  1. JPMike

The title says it all, I really want to see one of these getting released. Even if it's about technique, theory, harmony, etc.

Maybe Kurt can give us some light about this.

Admin
  2. patfarlow

im predicting a vague answer. followed by folks angry with my answer.

Secret
  3. jazznan

I can't wait for this either...like all of us, we're one pins and needles for it...but Kurt's a busy guy, so I understand the delay and probably his desire to release something of high quality. But he has an eager audience for music and a book, just sayin' :)

4. madsrh

I'm really looking forward to this book myself! I've written a post about it on my site, so if anyone has any updated information - please let me know!

//MadsRH
    http://themusicofkurtrosenwinkel.blogspot.com

5. patfarlow

i like!

6. contremisart

Forgive me for recommending this, if it will come out inappropriate.

But what do you think of the idea of converting this book process to something like a kickstarter project? I mean if the finance is an issue shouldn't the guitar nerds all around the world give a push to this book? Or maybe something like artist share too, we give our support and in return maybe have a glimpse of what Kurt has already done for the book. Am I fantasizing ?

7. madsrh

It's a good idea, but I don't think that's the issue here. I think it would feels very unsatisfactory to ship a product that is only 3/4 done. Don't get me wrong, I would gladly donate to a Rosenwinkel kickstarter project. There's also a certain pride involved with the release of something that has your name on it.
    Based on what I know about Kurt, I am quite convinced that this book, when it's 100% completed, will be as important for guitarists as Mark Levine Jazz Piano book is to many piano players.

8. patfarlow

it would be cool to see see one page preview :)

9. guitar1025

The picture above is not real (it even says so on the website). I got really excited when I saw it but I found out it wasn't real when I followed the link.

10. patfarlow

I was referring to the material Kurt has written so far, not the fictional book. He said he was about 70% done I believe.

You must log in to post.