Register

Which Kurt's album(s) has(have) the best guitar sound/tone?

(3 posts)
  1. Ricardo Pinto

In your opinion, which Kurt's album(s) has(have) the best guitar sound/tone? And why? What do you like about it?

My choice would be "Our Secret World", with OJM, because of the slightly overdriven and yet clear and very soulful guitar sound. It sound specially great in "Use of light", which I consider an absolutely beautiful track on that record!
    My other choice would be "Reflections", because of the warm tone and amazing reverb.

I'm not saying he doesn't get that kind of tone in other albums, just that these two are, for my taste, his peak moments in what concerns guitar tone and sound production.

And, dear Kurt, it would be wonderful if you could share with us your thoughts on the tone/sound approach you had on these records! =)

2. jorgemg1984

To me "The Next Step" and "Dharma Days" because it's where his sound made the biggest change compared to previous ones. My personal favorites are "The Remedy" and "Season of Changes".

I see in your Facebook you are from Porto, I am from Lisbon - studied with Nuno Ferreira here for two years and I am in ESML now. Good to have another Portuguese here!

3. guitar1025

I'm with jorgemg1984 on this. My first introduction to Kurt was The Next Step. I still remember the feeling I had the first time I heard the intro to Zhivago. It sounds cliche, but it really did change my life musically.

I also dig his tone on Deep Song, and on Reflections. Dharma Days is such a great album!! I really need to pull that out and listen to it again. When are we going to hear more of Mark's music??

Email

Contact us

You must log in to post.