Secret

Who knows and is willing to share song titles from Under It All?

(37 posts)
  1. libmanj

I hope at some point in time Under It All gets officially released as an album that I can pay for. Until then, I will continue to enjoy the album.

What are the titles of the songs? Is anyone willing to share? I have never found titles for tracks 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, and 10.

2. I'm pretty sure track 3 is called Under It All.
    I heard someplace, that Kurt never found titles for the rest of the songs, but I don't know if that's true or not.

I too would be totally happy to pay top $ for an official release. Perhaps with more awesome artwork by Riccardo Vecchio?

And now we have an official Kamaal The Abstract, so who knows?

3. cruxtable

good luck with that - it's one of time's oldest mysteries

4. wommusic
    Key Master

The song titles are: Aurora, Number 10, The Past Intact, The Cloister, Under It All, Brooklyn Sometimes, Turns, Recognized, Love Signs, Portuguese. I am not positive about the original sequencing of these tracks, however, and I doubt this album will ever be released as several of these songs have been (The Cloister & Brooklyn Sometimes) or will be re-recorded (can't wait for Under It All in particular). I guess Verve could release it if they wanted to....but I doubt this is where their attention is at this moment in time.

5. libmanj

Wommusic, OK, you know the titles. Now how to attach titles to track numbers...

I am very interested in tracks 4 and 10 in the version of Under it All that I have. Track 4 is the ballad-ish number with the steady backbeat that starts off in the key of E, perhaps the most sentimental track on the record. Track 10 also has a backbeat, it's a bit more of an upbeat rocker with Kurt singing the melody. By my descriptions, can you tell me what the name of those tracks are?

6. kurtisrosenwinkel
    Administrator

"Under it All" and "Portuguese"

7. libmanj

Thanks, Kurt. Can't wait for the standards trio record.

8. jorgemg1984

1. Brooklyn Sometimes
    3. Love Signs
    4. Under It All
    5. The Past Intact
    6. The Cloister
    7. Aurora (Figures)
    8. Turns
    9. Recognized
    10. Portuguese

I love the last song. i just dont get the name, he is not speaking portuguese or nothing close to it

Magical rainbow ponies
  9. cruxtable

jorgemg1984....THANK YOU

Magical rainbow ponies
  10. nateroberts

Where were you guys able to find and listen to this album? I would LOVE to get my hands on it, but I haven't seen it around. Is it a bootleg? I would gladly purchase it if it were made available too.

- nate
    http://www.naterobertsmusic.com

11. cruxtable

dark places....

12. i would also love to get my hands on "under it all." thanks.

13. cruxtable

14. prl_b

Hello! I'm new here in the forum, my name is Pedro, I'm from Portugal. Can somebody help me with this album? I would really love to have it.

15. maciej

This cd is the greatest surprise ever! Until recently I was unaware of it's existence.

I LOVE THIS ALBUM. Well, like anything else from Kurt. But these 2000-2001 albums (Enemies of Energy, Heartcore and Under it All) are in some way something really special. Kurt's guitar sound and some background keyboards make me forget that these are real instruments. I am just immensed in the sound and meditate in my thoughts to other worlds.

The tunes are probably some of the most creative of all of Kurt's work. He was so prolific in these 3 albums it is just astounding. Enemies of Energy might be my favorite Kurt album ever, and Under it All reminds me of it very much. It's pure invention, always trying to not play the obvious. Yet it sounds so logical.

I am now constantly listening to this version of Brooklyn Sometimes. The tension created in the solo is overwhelming.

Kurt, you are the greatest!!!

16. maciej

Of course I would immediately buy an original version if I only had a chance...

17. jorgemg1984

Hi Pedro, I am from Portugal also, just give your e-mail and we will chat.

18. mf

19. jorgemg1984

The funniest thing about "Portuguese" is that whatever he is speaking is definitively not Portuguese! ;)

20. Nuno
    Key Master

Yeah, it's like the Polish Song on "Enemies of Energy" he is singing sounds that somewhat reminds him of the Polish language; he explained in an interview. It's like a mimic! It sounds fantastic :)

21. guitar1025

22. maciej

I'm Polish and I love this "Polish Song". Enemies of Energy is surely in my top 5 recordings of all time. And I find "Under it all" to be somewhat similar in the musical direction. I've been listening to it for 2 months and I love every tune. I sing Clositer on one day, Portugese on another. It almost seems like I have a constant playback of this CD looping in my head.

Btw. Marks solo on "Past intact" is just killing!

23. sandman

24. guelda

Hi guys, I don't come here often but I always see interesting stuff, so I would be glad to hear this album too, if somebody is willing to share it I'd be delighted : [email protected]

All the best, and long life to Kurt (...and Peter Bernstein of course !)

25. tyrone2k

I would love to jump on this bandwagon, if anyone knows where I can get a copy of this, I would be most appreciative. I own almost all of Kurt's commercially released CD's (mp3s) including all of the CD's he has sided on; except this one. Also, I have purchased all of these CDs; some 55 disc so, I would gladly be willing to purchase this one (I will always support true art). Thanks all!

[email protected]

26. jazzacast55

Thought I'd give this ago and see if anyone has this available for me to listen to or a link?
    [email protected]
    Happy to pay for it just like anyone else though, I'm not aware of the story behind this album or how it's become this hard to get album but wouldn't mind checking it out.
    Kurt should make this an mp3 album download on his site.
    Thanks

27. tph

I've had no luck with this.

Assuming that Verve holds the rights to the album and the artist is not allowed to release it independently, about which I may be wrong, ...

I have emailed [email protected] to request that it be released and asking about any other possible avenues.
    I'd suggest other fans drenching Verve with similar emails or calls.

BTW, if you haven't gotten the mp3 from NPR of the 2009 Village Vanguard concert, I strongly recommend it. I used Audacity to chop it up into tracks, and a few have been my most-listened-to songs ever since! This is also how I learned of Aaron Parks.

Tom

28. benvdg

29. callum

30. djcuvcuv

Reply »

You must log in to post.